[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Collusion and bribery

michael at robinson.me michael at robinson.me
Tue Feb 11 16:58:04 UTC 2020

Allowing Verisign to raise the wholesale costs on  .Com names and being their own registrar while forwarding 20 million dollars to ICANN gives the appearance of Collusion and bribery.
Since ICANN is nonprofit, I would much rather see a small increase in ICANN fees charged directly to consumers, if necessary.
I personally own over 200 domain names for my own use (not for resell), and it would be a significant burden on me to bear unfettered increases in domain costs.
Verisign's dominant position allows them to strong arm its competitors and, in affect, function like a monopoly.
It would be better for ICANN to accept their gifts without making concessions.
Please consider carefully your decisions regarding Verisign and how they may impact Consumer Protections.
Thank you, and Best Regards,
Michael Robinson
https://SoulReacher.com