[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] The price increase doesn't matter much to me, but...

Daniel Angell me at danangell.com
Tue Feb 11 17:15:38 UTC 2020

The price increase doesn't matter much to me, but I don't agree with the way the amendment system works. For such an important asset as the .com TLD, one company shouldn't be able to propose a change to pricing, send ICANN $20 Million and then get whatever change they want. The scope of .com is too big to allow Verisign and other major TLD operators to have as much control as they do.

I appreciate that the public comment period is a way to query other stakeholders in this matter, but we're at a huge disadvantage. We aren't the ones proposing this amendment and I'm sure we never could propose one.

- Daniel Angell