[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .Com domain name prices are already too high...

Jared Norby norby.jared at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:08:18 UTC 2020

ICANN,

I'm a designer and animator who has grown up on the internet and who has
registered a dozen domain names for personal projects over the years.

Increasing the price of .COM domain names by 70% over the next decade (as
you seem to be intending to do) will force me to abandon many of my
websites — which I currently keep up for the sake of letting people explore
and enjoy these past personal art projects.

Your proposed plan will force many creatives to make the same choice, and
you'll be responsible for removing much of the web's history — thereby
making the internet a less diverse, interesting, and creative place.

I'd ask you to please reconsider your plan to "increase the wholesale price
to registrars for .COM domains every year for 8 out of the next 10 years."

Sincerely,

Jared Norby
jarednorby.com