[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Why so much secrecy?

Sophie Muller sophiemuller1979 at me.com
Mon Feb 10 22:16:59 UTC 2020

Dear icann,

I am writing today to share my concern regarding your upcoming amendment. I own several domain names and feel that this amendment could change my ability to own these domains, thus reducing my ability to do business online.

Could you please answer the following questions:
- Why did you plan these changes in secret, without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community and Internet users earlier?
- Why should the wholesale price for .COM domains be able to be raised for 8 out of the next 10 years? How will this unlimited increase benefit .COM owners? A possible 70% increase won’t be sustainable for small business owners, without mentioning the other unclear price increases.
- How will you spend the $20 million dollars of Verisign? Who will be accountable for these funds being spent on domain infrastructure?

Sincerely,
Sophie