Wayne Buckholdt wayne at mindpal.com
Wed Feb 12 14:46:20 UTC 2020

In an era in which the cost of domain names should be declining, due to
everything being automated, I recently discovered that the price of .com
domains will soon be going up by 7% most years. This far exceeds the rate of
inflation and represents an additional tax of approximately $400 on my
portfolio of .com domains during just the first year. For a small business
owner like myself this is a significant burden. Should Amendment 3 not be
rescinded, I will be writing my congressman, senator, and President Trump,
urging the U.S. Department of Justice to initiate an antitrust lawsuit
against ICANN and the Verisign monopoly.

What ICANN should be doing is putting the .com registry up for bid. I¹m sure
that there are many competent companies, such as GoDaddy, who could deliver
this service at a much lower cost to the end user. This would benefit
millions of users instead of only ICANN and Verisign, which have effectively
been given a license to steal. Do not underestimate the power of millions of
.com domain owners, when they speak in unison.

Sincerely,
Wayne Buckholdt
Owner of MindPal LLC