[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Amendment No. 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Dipl.-Ing. Florian Fuessl ff at ffuessl.com
Thu Feb 13 01:03:12 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

Reviewing the proposed amendment No. 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement I strongly oppose any planned steps moving away from the current status.

The .COM TLD is the major DNS TLD used worldwide and ICANN should, therefore, abandon any attempts of Verisign to raise the income of TLD operator related earnings for the .COM TLD with no benefits for the DNS user base.

If ICANN is not able to renew the existing price binding for upcoming periods for legal reasons I would love to see open competitive biddings for fixed periods for this major .COM TLD.

Best regards
Florian Fuessl

—
Dip.-Ing.