[Comments-korean-lgr-25jan18] No hanja in domain names, please.
revi at pobox.com
Sat Mar 17 10:14:06 UTC 2018
1. Appendix A Fig. 1-1 - Pusan Univ. was established 1946, when it just became independent from Japan. Considering that under Korea under Japanese rules everything was Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji) with limited Korean education , it is inappropriate to use it as an example.
2. Appendix A Fig 2-2 - Samsung Electronics does not use that as their logo. See http://www.samsung.com/sec/aboutsamsung/home/ <http://www.samsung.com/sec/aboutsamsung/home/>.
3. Appendix B - Most of the trademarks in the Appendix B is not in use.
- Samsung: See above for the case of Samsung Electronics. Samsung Securities Inc., , Samsung Engineering , Samsung Display, for example, do not use the hanja in their logo.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries: They use Hangul for their logo.
- Hyundai Motors: They use Latin Alphabet for their logo. 
- Kumho (now Kumho Asiana): They use Hangul or Hangul with Latin Alphabet for their logo. 
- Doosan - They use Latin Alphabet for their logo. 
4. Appendix D - Corporate Register rules as of 2014 states “Corporate Name, Corporate’s purpose, foreigner’s name, foreign country address, foreign corporate’s business office’s headquarter location must be registered in Hangul etc (defined in Article 2, “Hangul or Hangul and Arabic numbers (hereinafter Hangul etc)”.) 
5. Appendix H - As of 2002 (before the Framework Law of Korean Language was proclaimed), National Institute of the Korean Language’s research on “Research on Modern Korean’s frequency of usage” says Hanja words are only used 35%.  Regarding H.4.2, none of them are in use as of now - see my point 2 and 3. It is unfair to cite out of date informations. Street signs these days (i.e. ) does not have Hanja in it. Regarding H.6.2, Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea, have repealed that plan, therefore the point is void.  Table H2 and H3 actually show that schools ordering Hanja textbooks are declining.
Gallup Korea’s research in 2014 regarding “Korean recognition about Hanja usage” says “% of people who thinks “Without knowing Hanja, daily living is difficult” has declined", which means Hanja usage is declining. 
: Choi Yong-gi, "The Korean language policy in the period of Japan's colonial rule of Korea <http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/ArticleDetail/NODE00689259>," Dong-ak Society of Language and Literature, Vol. 46, pp. 9~32, Feb, 2006.
: http://www.samsungsecurities.co.kr/common/main.do?cmd=main <http://www.samsungsecurities.co.kr/common/main.do?cmd=main> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317065827/http://www.samsungsecurities.co.kr/common/main.do?cmd=main>)
: http://www.samsungengineering.com/kor/index <http://www.samsungengineering.com/kor/index> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317065732/http://www.samsungengineering.com/kor/index>)
: http://www.samsungdisplay.com/kor/index/index.jsp <http://www.samsungdisplay.com/kor/index/index.jsp> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317065652/http://www.samsungdisplay.com/kor/index/index.jsp>)
: http://www.hhi.co.kr <http://www.hhi.co.kr/> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317065549/http://www.hhi.co.kr>)
: https://www.hyundai.com/kr/ko/company-intro/info/ci <https://www.hyundai.com/kr/ko/company-intro/info/ci> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317070148/https://www.hyundai.com/kr/ko/company-intro/info/ci>)
: http://www.kumhoasiana.com/group/ci.asp <http://www.kumhoasiana.com/group/ci.asp> (archive.is <https://archive.is/9dwBR>)
: http://www.doosan.com/kr/brand/brandcues/ <http://www.doosan.com/kr/brand/brandcues/> (archive.org <https://web.archive.org/web/20180317070609/http://www.doosan.com/kr/brand/brandcues/>)
: http://glaw.scourt.go.kr/wsjo/gchick/sjo330.do?contId=2153569&q=제1249호&nq=&w=yegu#1521271846227 <http://glaw.scourt.go.kr/wsjo/gchick/sjo330.do?contId=2153569&q=%EC%A0%9C1249%ED%98%B8&nq=&w=yegu#1521271846227> (archive.is <https://archive.is/Xwthj>)
: http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2013100810222055413&outlink=1&ref=%3A%2F%2F <http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2013100810222055413&outlink=1&ref=://> (original research data <http://www.korean.go.kr/front/reportData/reportDataView.do?mn_id=45&report_seq=303&pageIndex=1>)
: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:도로명주소_A01.jpg <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%EB%8F%84%EB%A1%9C%EB%AA%85%EC%A3%BC%EC%86%8C_A01.jpg>
: http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/society/schooling/827055.html <http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/society/schooling/827055.html>
: http://www.gallup.co.kr/gallupdb/reportContent.asp?seqNo=583 <http://www.gallup.co.kr/gallupdb/reportContent.asp?seqNo=583>
Live Long and Prosper,
Yongmin Hong | 홍 용민
947F 156F 1625 0DE3 9788
C3C3 5B62 5DA5 BEFF 197A
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the Comments-korean-lgr-25jan18