[Comments-korean-lgr-25jan18] I support for using Korean alphabet and Chinese characters in Internet Domain

Kang Seonghoon someone at mearie.org
Fri Mar 16 15:55:56 UTC 2018

I have avoided any replies in this mailing list and preferred to write
a formal letter, but this one is really absurd and has to be corrected
right away.

> Internert users in Republic of Korea are more familiar with Korean Alphabet (Hangeul) and Chinese characters (Hanja)
> than with English alphabet and Arabic numbers.

I guess you can argue for Hanja domains because of extant usages
(which I don't buy, but at least it is a much better argument). But
arguing for Hanja domains because... Hanja is more familiar than
Arabic numbers? Are you serious? Arabic numbers are frequently used
even in Chinese.

(For non-Koreans who want to independently verify my rebuttal, I
suggest you to try Google Street view, for example, around Seoul
Station [1]. I swear, there should be a lot of Arabic numbers here and
there.)

[1] https://www.google.co.kr/maps/@37.5546246,126.9725796,16z

Regards,
Kang Seonghoon

--
-- Kang Seonghoon | https://mearie.org/
-- Opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the