[Comments-lgr-proposal-korean-script-02mar21] comment to Korean LGR proposal

HiroHOTTA hotta at jprs.co.jp
Thu Apr 15 11:55:42 UTC 2021

I appreciate the opportunity to comment on the Korean Root Zone LGR
proposal.

First of all, on behalf of Japanese Generation Panel (JGP), let me
congratulate the completion of Korean Root Zone LGR proposal.

JGP has long been in cooperation with Korean GP (KGP) and Chinese
GP (CGP) in developing Root Zone LGR proposals that cover Kanji
(also called  Hanja or Han) script. Those three language communities
(often called CJK, collectively) use thousands of Kanji characters
in common.

From its initial phase, JGP has been consistent in its intention to
accept the variants defined in Korean Root Zone LGR (as well as in
Chinese one) in order to nurture safe TLD space. To assure that this
intention would be adequately achieved, JGP needed to carefully
observe the process and result of KGP.

The above means that completion of comprehensive Korean Root Zone
LGR is one of the requirements for the completion of Japanese Root
Zone LGR. JGP has discussed and shared the process and outcomes
with KGP periodically and I am confident that their process was
well-devised and their proposal is in accordance with the result of
CJK GPs' coordination.

Hiro Hotta,
Chair. Japanese Generation Panel