[Comments-net-renewal-20apr17] Essential inclusion of Single Character Labels into Verisign's .net Registry Agreement

William Blackwood wblackwo at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 29 17:06:16 UTC 2017

1.        First Place Internet, Inc. public comment:

Background:

Via ICANN's 2007 Reserved Names Working Group, Verisign received permission
from ICANN in 2010 to sell its single character label .net domain names.
Having achieved this valuable concession, Verisign needs to document and
codify it in the Registry Agreement. Failure to do so will be to the
significant detriment of Verisign's shareholders and customers.

Recommendation:

The language of Appendix A of Registry Request Service Ticket ID:
X2A2P-4O7C4 (status date 2010-08-12) should be added, with appropriate
modification, to the current proposed Registry Agreement for .NET

2.       Internet Commerce Association (ICA) solidarity and support from
Phil Corwin, ICA Staff Counsel: