[Comments-o-com-single-char-10may18] My organization uses o.com, this will mess up our network. Please do not do this!

Stephen Paul stephenpaul95 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 20 04:18:10 UTC 2018

The organization I work for is very much against this.  We have used non-delegated single letter and single number domain names as server names for over a decade now.  One of the servers we operate is literally named “o.com.”  Due to this, delegation of this domain, and any other single character non-delegated domain would cause very big technical issues for our company.  I am sure that our organization is not the only organization in the world that does this.  I once talked to another individual who did this via host files in order to create shortcuts for himself to his most visited sites.  In my own world, that is one company and one individual I know who already uses o.com and this proposal would negatively affect both my company and this other individual.  How many other organizations will be adversely affected?  What will the accumulated cost be to these people and organizations who are affected by the release of single letter domain names which have never been released before, and be forced to make costly changes?  I am sure the combined cost to the world will wind up being more expensive than the proceeds from such an auction, therefore making this opposite of the desired result.

For these reasons our organization is against the release of o.com or any other currently non-delegated single character domain.

Stephen P.