[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Do not remove price caps on .org domains

Arokis Center of Music Society contact at arokismusic.org
Thu Apr 25 20:01:13 UTC 2019

I understand that ICANN is proposing the removal of price caps on what PIR
will be able to charge for renewal of .org domains.

The organization to which I belong is a registered non-profit charity.  Our
domain is an essential part of our identity and our ability to engage our
members and raise money for our operations.  We are granted non-profit
charitable status because we bring a much needed benefit to the music and
arts community.  A significant increase in the price of our domain would
diminish our ability to offer these benefits and threaten our survival.

Please reconsider this proposal and maintain the current practice of
setting price caps on domain renewals.

Thank you,

Jerry Silver
AROKIS Centre of Music Society