[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comment on the removal of price caps on .org domains

Katherine Roberts katherineroberts at outlook.com
Thu Apr 25 12:23:59 UTC 2019

It’s important to think ahead and consider all the ramifications of this choice. It’s not an exaggeration to say that if you remove price caps on .org domains, you will ruin people’s lives, you will ruin businesses, you will ruin non-profit organizations, and you will damage this country.

Case in point: I volunteer my time at a local volunteer fire station which serves 4 counties, 2 of which are highly dependent on our help to get the public the emergency care they need. Our website is a .org website. We have limited funding and the budget is always tight. If price caps were removed, we could potentially lose our website due to an inability to afford it, and this would hurt our ability to receive donations, provide information, and keep our staff organized and connected online.

This is just one example of a way price cap removal would hurt people. In my opinion, this proposed price cap removal is shortsighted, irresponsible, greedy, and
unpatriotic. The very suggestion fills me with disgust and disappointment, and I can see you having a huge public uprising on your hands if you move forward with this proposal. I urge you to reconsider, and keep price caps in place in the interest of the greater good.

In Faith,

Katherine Roberts, PhD