[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Against .org price increase

Rob rob at n77.us
Thu Apr 25 12:39:04 UTC 2019

I am against removing the price caps.

The .org tld was created as a public good that operators are entrusted to
protect. The new gTLDs were "purchased" by their operators.

I own extremeperl.org. This is a free book that I operate for the public
good. I chose the .org domain precisely because it is a public good, not a
for profit book. I receive no revenue from it. When I chose the domain 15
years ago, I didn't think I would be subject to arbitrary price increases.
How many sites are there like mine? Many.

The whole concept is similar to turning over the HOA of your house to a
company that can charge what it likes. That would be stupid. The HOA is run
by a board that ensures the lowest cost for the owners by governing the
property managers.

Do not remove the price caps.

Robert Nagler
Chairman and CEO