[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Willfully threaten efforts of those endeavoring to change our world for the better?

Lisa Hallond lisahallond at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:05:24 UTC 2019

*Dot org is one of the most widely used and recognized TLDs. It is used
most commonly by not for profit organizations and in that way is special.
If price caps are removed, registration and renewal of these domains will
become uneconomical, forcing many important organizations to change their
addresses and threatening the prominence of .org. Unlike newer TLDs, dot
org is already very established. Allowing PIR, the registry operator, to
act monopolistically with such a prominent TLD goes against what the Web
should be. Insodoing, PIR would willfully threaten efforts of those
endeavoring to change our world for the better. *