[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Gerry Roston gerry at pairofdocs.net
Thu Apr 25 13:32:04 UTC 2019

Sir or Madam:

I have been an 'Internet' user for more than 45 years, i.e., I was one of
the first one-million users. As such, I have a historical perspective of the
Internet and its impact on many aspects of our society. One thing is clear -
many entities that have .org TLDs provide vital services across large swaths
of the global society. Further, many of these organizations have limited
financial resources.

Thus, the current proposal to remove ICANN's oversight of pricing changes is
a truly bad idea. Allowing a for profit entity the right to set prices for
the .org TLD would potentially threaten the well-being of billions of people
around the globe. There is simply no rationale justification for this
action.

Please note that I do not have a vested interest in any entity with a .org
TLD - I am speaking solely as a knowledgeable, concerned citizen.

----

Gerry Roston, PhD, PE
Gerry at PairOfDocs.net
734-516-6715