[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org Registry Agreement

Artie Berry artieberry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:46:46 UTC 2019

If I understand the proposed changes to the .org Registry Agreement, one of
the changes allows unlimited (or mostly unlimited) changes to pricing. I
understand pricing changes are currently limited to an annual maximum of
10%. This is well above the Consumer Price Index and many other inflation
rates. Why does an increase need to be higher than 10% and, particularly,
why unlimited. This sounds like a strong lobby for unlimited increases was
involved.  It also is beginning to sound like the pharmaceutical industry.

My berryfamilytree.org site is used solely to share my research with the
family (or anyone that might be interested).

I would ask that a 10% maximum be maintained. Or, at least, institute some
method of controlling or reviewing any proposed price changes. I don't see
that market forces or competition would be effective in controlling prices.

Thank you,
Artie Berry