[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org registry agreement

Tim Bergel tim at bergel.org
Sat Apr 27 10:53:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am the owner of a .org domain, which is not used for any commercial
purpose.

I am opposed to the proposed change - a legacy top level domain such as
.org is very different from the newer commercial TLDs that have been
created. In particular .org is used by many non-profits and this change
will lead to price increases which will harm these organisations, or
make it impossible for them to maintain their domains. This seems to me
to be a very unsatisfactory proposal.

Yours sincerely,
Tim Bergel