[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org renewal rate increase policy change

Jon Mayo jon at rm-f.net
Thu Apr 25 14:46:15 UTC 2019

Many not-for-profit organizations, hobbyists, and enthusiasts depend
on legacy gTLDs. The future of the free services I provide to amateur
and student software developers is unclear once I am priced out of my
long held domains. I feel that a nominal fee for maintaining a few
records in a database is fair. An uncapped, limitless treadmill of
price increases is unfair.

I don't understand why I am being squeezed for more money when I don't
have much. The new business oriented gTLDs should be where experiments
on finding increasing profits should take place, and not the legacy
gTLDs.

I hope that a satisfactory solution can be reached where reasonable
compensation is provided to offset operating costs of .ORG services.

- Jon Mayo, San Jose, CA, USA