[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Fee and price changes

rob at thebutlerfamily.org rob at thebutlerfamily.org
Thu Apr 25 17:46:12 UTC 2019

I am strongly opposed to any increases in fees or prices for domain registrations, especially for those that are supposed to be for non-commercial use such as .org.

As you can see, my home email for my family is on a .org, and is non-commercial. I make no money, and in fact have this specifically because of price increases and semi-regular churn of ISP email addresses and systems.

The existing pricing structure of a 10% increase per year is also well outside what could be explained even by inflation, especially for part of the internet infrastructure that has been in place for 20+ years -- what possible rational reason could there be for justifying larger increases other than pure greed?

In summary -- if any changes are planned regarding fees or prices for domain registrations, updates, or any other related activities, they should be only lowered instead of increased.

Regards,
Rob Butler