[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comment on .org Price Cap Removal

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Fri Apr 26 22:56:49 UTC 2019

As a technical contact for several organizations that utilize .org domain names, I am concerned about the removal of the .org price caps. The .org domain is used extensively by non-profit organizations which should be spending most of their funds on their mission.

I understand that the cost of running the registry may have gone up or that new low-character domains should be valued above current rates, but there should be a better way to allow the recuperation of costs or designation of above-value domains without a wholesale removal of price protections.

As currently proposed, I am against the renewal agreement due to the price cap removal.

Andrew Denman