[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please maintain price caps on org domains

Thomas Schultz schultzt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 08:59:25 UTC 2019

I write to you because the proposed lifting of price caps on org domains
would be potentially disruptive and expensive for people maintaining
non-commercial websites. As a scientist, maintaining a website with
information on specialized technology and scientific data is of great value
to me, my research group, and other research groups in the field. Because
my primary job is teaching and research, not developing websites, I
maintain such a website privately and was happy with the minimal cost and
hassle associated with running an org domain. Disruptions from such a
fundamental rule change would possibly steal a great deal of my time and
the same is surely true for many others that run similar domains. Please
maintain steady and reliable low-cost options for people like me, who do
not require fancy and expensive hosting options.

With best regards,
Thomas Schultz
(Professor at UNIST, Korea)