[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] I oppose the removal of price caps on dot-org domains

David Harper icann2019comment at obliquity.org
Sat Apr 27 09:15:14 UTC 2019

I am writing as the registrant of several not-for-profit dot-org domains
to oppose the incorporation of the URS into the .org renewal agreement.

I fundamentally disagree with ICANN's argument that legacy gTLDs
including .org should be treated in the same way as new gTLDs.

More importantly, most .org domains are operated by not-for-profit
organisations, including many charities, which have limited budgets, and
cannot absorb large price rises in .org domain renewal costs by passing
them on to customers, because they have no customers.

David Harper
Cambridge, England