[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org domains -- comment

Dean Vance deanvance at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 20:55:18 UTC 2019

Your current contract with Public Interest Registry currently allows them
to increase the wholesale price of .org domains by 10% a year. Now you are
proposing extending the contract to operate .org but *letting PIR set
whatever prices it wants*.
With this approach, PIR could suddenly start charging registrars 100 times
as much. In turn, registrars would have no choice but to pass these charges
on to customers.

This is NOT a wise, good or fair thing to do to consumers.  We need our
.org domains to be AFFORDABLE -- particularly since many of us are NFP
organizations trying to do good in the world.  If those prices go up, that
money comes DIRECTLY out of the charity's pocket.  That means is does not
reach those in need.

PLEASE reconsider your plans and keep those increases under control!

Thank you

Dean Vance