[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Rise in domain name prices

Richard E relkin8877 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:26:24 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern,
I have recently started a non profit and purchased 2 .org domain names.
While they were a good price, it is an overhead expense nonetheless.
A price increase in anything is never really a good thing for a small
business or a non profit as it means we have to pass those expenses on to
consumers. In A non profit case, it means more of our donors money goes
towards overhead and less towards the work we do.

One of the issues that donors have already with non profits is that they
don't want to see their hard earned money (which they choose to give) go to
overhead. So an increase in domain name prices could potentially lead to
less donors being willing to sacrifice funds.

Please reconsider the proposals you are suggesting for the sake of the
start ups and non profits especially, but also for the consumers and those
the non profits serve.
Thank you for your time
Richard Elkin

"Great things are accomplished by a series of small things being brought
together." - Vincent Van Gogh