[Comments-udrp-provider-16nov18] CIIDRC's Application as a dispute resolution service provider under UDRP

John Rogers jrogers at rjohnrogers.com
Tue Nov 27 21:11:49 UTC 2018

Unfortunately, I was not able to access the comments section of your
website, so I am using this venue to submit my comments on the captioned
application.

I should start by clearly establishing my bias.  I am a former Governing
Trustee of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre
(BCICAC), the sponsor behind CIIDRC’s proposal to serve as an approved
dispute-resolution service provider for UDRP.  In this former role, I was
very involved in the part that BCICAC played in the development of and the
ongoing administration of the Dispute Resolution Policy (CDRP) of the
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA).

Following my involvement in its formation, for approximately the last
twenty years I have served as a panelist for both three-member panels and
single member panels resolving disputes under CDRP.

>From my experience as a panelist, the CDRP offers owners of .ca domain
names an inexpensive and efficient manner by which disputes concerning this
gTLD can be resolved.  In my view, a very large part of this success is
attributable both to the professional and timely manner in which the
professionals at the BCICAC administer this dispute resolution process and
to the professional neutrals which the BCICAC has engaged to make the
decisions.

I am currently involved as a neutral in a number of dispute resolution
venues in which I act either as a member of a panel or as a single
panelist.  Based upon this experience outside the ambit of the BCICAC and
upon my experience over the years with BCICAC in the resolution of disputes
under the CDRP rules, I have no hesitation in expressing my firm belief
that through its relationship with BCICAC, CIIRDC has the capability to
handle proceedings under UDRP in an expedited, global, online context and
in an orderly and fair manner.

I would, therefore, strongly encourage you to appoint CIIDRC as an approved
dispute-resolution service provider for UDRP.

Regards,

John Rogers

--
John Rogers