[council] draft of proposed bylaw changes

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:42:37 UTC 2005

Attached are the proposed bylaw changes which I referenced earlier.  As
noted in my email, I ask that this topic be put on the agenda for discussion
and a vote of support to forward to the Board. Thus, I ask that all
constituency reps post this to their members and discuss the need for the
bylaw changes so that they are informed of their members views, and can
fully participate in the council meeting.

This posting meets the requirement of 7 days notice, so I am assuming that
all of us will take advantage of the opportunity to discuss.

I note, however, that this is not a new topic. Many of the constituencies
and the Council discussed related issues in depth at Luxembourg.

I also ask that the presentation on the bylaw changes be made if possible by
the subcommittee chair of the Registrars Constituency/Chair by inviting them
to dial into the call for that segment of the discussion.

I ask that the Council Chair also consider inviting the General Counsel for
ICANN to participate with the Council in this section of the Council call.

Best regards, Marilyn Cade