[council] Letter from Paul Twomey regarding ICANN strategic planning process

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Aug 19 00:05:10 UTC 2005

Hello All,

See attached letter from Paul Twomey.

The text of the letter is copied below.

Basically the ICANN staff will be publishing an issues paper and the
GNSO community needs to respond by 8 October 2005.   We will need to
think about how best to get input from the constituencies so that we can
provide a supporting organisation response, in addition to any
individual responses from members of the GNSO community.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

Dear Bruce,

I write in connection with the ICANN strategic planning process for
2005.

First of all, I would like to thank you for organising for members of
the GNSO community to take part in the consultation process that we
conducted in Luxembourg.
Based on the feedback that we received from the first plan, we were very
keen to gather the views of members of the community at the beginning of
the process.
Please pass on my thanks to those who participated.

You will recall that the output of all the consultation will be an
issues paper that will be released in early September.
There is still time for the GNSO community to make further comments
either through
a formal response to the questions that we are using for the
consultation
(these can be found on the ICANN website tomorrow) or through the
contribution
of individuals on the public forum on the website.

Could I ask you to encourage your members to contribute their views if
they have
not already done so?

In this planning process, we are relying very heavily on the supporting
organizations and advisory committees to make their members aware of
issues
that have relevance and to pull together responses so that the plan is
based on a bottom up consultative process.
When the issues paper is released, we will be looking for your response
those issues that are relevant to the GNSO community.
The timetable for the planning process is very tight and if we are to
keep to our schedule, we will need your response by the 8th of October.

We will also be seeking your assistance in gathering feedback at other
stages
of the process. I look forward to your continued support over the coming
months
as we work together to complete our next strategic plan.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Twomey
President & CEO