[council] RE: Council report required for the Board on the recently approved WHOIS recommendation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 22 15:44:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

In this case I would think that the comment period serves as a guide
to the board on whether they should endorse the recommendations and
what sort of the recommendations they might want to make about future
policy processes on the topic.

I think that it is important that both the council get comment before
making a recommendation and that the board get comment before making
a decision.  Also acts as a community check and balance on the work
we do.

a.