[council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 13 January 2005

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Jan 6 00:07:58 UTC 2005

On 1/5/2005 6:57 PM Ken Stubbs noted that:
> Fellow councilors
>
> i believe that these are issues that need to be worked out between the
> Registries and  Registrars (with the assistance of  ICANN staff).
> I don't really see the need for creation of consensus policies (as
> outlined in Philip's e-mail) to deal with these issues.

I don't believe that Philip was calling for a PDP, rather, my
understanding is that he is calling for a analysis of the salient issues
so the GNSO Council could decide if a PDP is appropriate. My comments
were meant to limit the scope of this analysis to the policy failures
that led to Philip's observations without including business model or
operation practice.

Given the proper foundation, I think this is a perfectly healthy
undertaking.

--
Regards,

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)