[council] White paper on new gTLDs

philip.sheppard at aim.be philip.sheppard at aim.be
Wed Jul 13 13:00:14 UTC 2005

Bruce,
thank you for your comments.

On profit / not for profit
Please do be sure that the BC and our fellow commercial user
constituencies are very happy with the profit motive! The White Paper
comments re the non-profit nature of a sponsor derive from the natural
monopoly awarded to such a body. Be sure to distinguish between a
not-for-profit sponsor and the related back-end for-profit registry.

On sponsor and core values
The conclusion about the support of ICANN core values and sTLDS derives
from the core values which seek to limit ICANNs role and delegate
downwards.

These White Paper conclusions have separate starting points. I hope this
clarifies.

Philip