[council] Summary of public comments from GNSO public forum

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:32:14 UTC 2005

What an excellent step forward. I was very pleased that we received several
compliments, both publicly and privately, regarding our Public Comment
Period. It is extremely helpful to me as a councilor to hear different views
on topics of keen interest and current impact, as well as longer term
concern to the affected stakeholders, and this is a unique opportunity for
us to all engage in a dialogue on topics that are immediate to our following
on meeting.

Thus I was thinking that we could for the future even consider a sort of
template to this so that we have topical headings, for those areas where we
have posted an agenda, and then a separate heading for the "OPEN MIKE"
session. That might provide a way to deal with this, since most of the
comments on the posted topics will then be augmented/acted on/or not, within
the Council meeting in terms of incorporating input into the rest of the
output of the Council.
It is my view that we may find open mike comments those that we would then
need to decide what follow up is/even if it is "we can't help" on that, or
we think we can at least include that point in further considerations.