[council] FW: NCUC edits to ToR for GNSO tele-mtg on 12th

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu May 12 12:23:35 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Gross [mailto:robin at ipjustice.org]
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:42 AM
To: Bruce Tonkin
Subject: NCUC edits to ToR for GNSO tele-mtg on 12th

Hello Bruce,

Besides the overbroad purpose being assigned to whois, NCUC is very
concerned about the lack of attention given to the privacy and freedom
of expression issues in the current proposal for the whois Terms of
Reference.

Therefore, NCUC would like to submit the attached edits to this ToR for
discussion at the GNSO council meeting on the 12th.  Would you please
forward the attached proposed edits to the council?

Also attached as part of the submission is a report of Task Force 2 that
lays various national and international privacy problems for the whois
policy.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide any
additional information on this.

Thank you,
Robin Gross
NCUC