[council] Note from Vint Cerf regarding comments on proposed .com agreement

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Nov 10 14:32:43 UTC 2005

________________________________

From: Vint Cerf
Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2005 1:15 PM
To: Bruce Tonkin

Dear Bruce,

In an ongoing effort to support community dialogue and consultation
regarding the VeriSign settlement agreement, the Board is extending the
period for comment by requesting that constituencies and advisory
committees submit concise, actionable comments regarding the
settlement's effect on stakeholder community.  I am writing to let you
know that I have written emails similar to this to each of the
constituency chairs or presidents withing the GNSO. In that email, I
request that they please email these comments to
<settlement-statements at icann.org>, ideally prior to the ICANN Vancouver
meeting, so ICANN can use these comments as a basis for continued
dialogue.  Through those emails, the Board invites each constituency to
discuss the settlement with the Board during the ICANN Vancouver meeting
and, additionally, the Board will listen to comments regarding the
settlement during the Vancouver Public Forum.  The Board has set aside
time to meet with constituency in Vancouver, and staff will follow-up
with you and each constituency individually to confirm the details.

The Board appreciates the comments and questions about the settlement
posted in ICANN's public forum and raised in meetings with staff since
the settlement was announced on 24 October.  Additional Q & A's
(questions and answers) will be posted on ICANN's website to address key
issues raised and support further dialogue and consultation.

We appreciate your efforts to assist the Board in determining whether
the proposed settlement agreement is in the best interests of the entire
Internet community.  We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues
in Vancouver.

Sincerely,

Vint Cerf