[council] GNSO work place improvements +

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:42:15 UTC 2006

Dear Bruce, All

I am sending this note, as a follow-up/summary to date, so as to capture
and not loose momentum, on the various concerns that is being expressed
within GNSO and more, about how we can improve the working environment,
by identifying some significant win-win situations
within GNSO-ICANN/Internet community.

I thought to highlight the topics, and everyone can add their comments to it
or build content, so it graduates to be an *'agenda item'* sooner than
later.

*NOTE:  Bruce, in fact, may I suggest we add this SUBJECT (GNSO workplace
improvements +) to the upcoming agenda item?* or you can rename it with
something clever:-)

 *1-Work group Computing Options:*
- Ross had an idea you want to share. I will leave it up to you.  I would
love to use MS net meeting, we used it extensively at Intel for global
communications/conferences.  I look forward to what you think is suitable
for ICANN.

*2-ICANN/GNSO Web site:*
- it may be easier for us save our efforts and focus with GNSO's site, just
like ALAC
- have spoken with the group and it seem that someone may have done a
voluntary work for some little compensation.
- I would think brainstorming on architecture is good in a group, but I
think the best/practical approach is to agree on a 'template format' with
the creativity of the developer fist, and try and fill the content,
especially if the developer is not sitting at the Client's site.  I have
lead efforts like this many times, it should prove to be SIMPLE and FAST.

*3- ICANN funding requirement for event sponsorship:*
- We were all in agreement on ICANN providing event funding, especially for
developing countries to encourage more participation and ICANN awareness.
- Tony had suggested that one approach is that ICANN be one of the sponsors
along with the registries.
**
*4 - Private Council only list*
-  for administrative issues i.e matters that Marylin mentioned earlier.

Anything else we need to add, please feel free to do so.

kind regards,
sophia