[council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs (fwd)

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 00:05:21 UTC 2006

Thanks Cary, I got John's reply already.

John, thanks for the detail reply.  Please allow me few days as well to
decipher your comments and get back to you.   BTW, I  hope I do not come
across as hot headed on this issue viz you comment 'things calm down'.   I
value the dialog we are all having and think it is timely.

Being new to ICANN and IDN, I certainly may need to dig deep on both,
however, my view would always *bottom line on the risks/exposure to the
users of Internet, the constituencies* in this case, vs the technology in
itself.

As a software engineer by trade and working in the technology field for over
a decade, I assure you and have finally come to realize that *technology is
here to serve and not to master.*   But who knows, given the chaos theory,
there may be two sides of the flat earth society.  We will have to wait and
see.

I again thank your time.  I will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
Sophia

--
Sophia Bekele