[council] ICANN Board Call

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:43:27 UTC 2006

The fact that the gNSO review has been finalized, a briefing of the Council
on the “proposed approach” is of concern. This was supposed to be a joint
effort by the Board and the Council and we are sadly without "visibility"
into the process, or the outline, or the proposal. Or the funding amount,
which I have asked for twice, on Council calls.

This is something that I propose that Council bring up with the
President/CEO and Senior staff. I had noted it on the Board agenda, but
never envisioned that there would be an approval, without discussion with
the Council.

No doubt that is planned, but Senior Staff are seeking still to schedule a
discussion with Council.

We can help them by initiating this discussion. Let’s spend five minutes on
agenda bashing on our upcoming Council meeting on Friday.

Marilyn Cade