[council] Draft Call for papers, new gTLD PDP

tony.ar.holmes at bt.com tony.ar.holmes at bt.com
Wed Jan 4 18:43:45 UTC 2006

Whilst agreeing with Ken in principle, the reality is that some (a few)
PDPs are likely to become challenging as the process evolves, no matter
what timelines are initially set. However if we are doing our jobs
properly the number should be few to start with, and also decrease with
time as we gain expertise in setting reasonable timeframes. Therefore
I'm reluctant to take way the ability of council to vote for time
extensions, as it appears an easier process than initiating an entirely
new PDP.

If over the course of time, the number of time extensions proves to be
unacceptably high, then I would support a move remove the time extension
capability.

Tony