[council] Conflicts of Interest

Cubberley, Maureen (CHT) MCubberley at gov.mb.ca
Fri Jan 20 16:04:05 UTC 2006

Bruce and Ross,

Thanks Bruce for bringing this proposal forward.  I too think this is an
excellent idea, and Ross, I agree with your further analysis. In
particular, I agree that the GNSO council should move ahead with a
conflict of interest policy, and an appropriate process to accompany it.

As you know, this is an issue that I brought up at the meeting in
Vancouver, at which time I cited the Board conflict of interest policy
and asked for clarification as to whether or not it applied to the
Council.
Now that we have our clarification, we should move ahead.

I like your" light weight" approach and also the concept of a design
committee.

I support the idea of adding this to the next agenda, so Bruce, if that
is acceptable and if the Council as a whole agrees to proceed, I would
be pleased to volunteer to work with fellow Councillors on the proposed
"design committee" or with whatever development approach is decided
upon.

Best regards,

Maureen