[council] ICANN Board Teleconference - 23-Jan-2006 -- related GNSO Council activities

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:04:31 UTC 2006

Dear Bruce,

I see that the Board is getting an update on the progress of discussions on
Proposed VeriSign Settlement.

The policy activities of the gNSO Council which are directly related should
be part of that update. I understand that sometimes it is difficult for the
policy activities and their relevance to decisions the Board may undertake
to be visible to the full Board.

It would be unfortunate if the full Board did not have a good understanding
of the progress and the timing related to policy development specific to
this agreement.

Since Council has just completed a very important step, perhaps the way to
ensure a thorough understanding, and the ability of the Board to ask
questions of the Council, via our chair, would be to have you join Olof to
provide the update.

Best regards,

Marilyn