[council] Proposed WHOIS motion for 20 July 2006-- focus on agreeing to resolution first

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jul 17 19:36:18 UTC 2006

On 17 jul 2006, at 11.53, Marilyn Cade wrote:

> I ask
> that we put a 'hold' on distributing further reports to the Council
> until we
> get agreement on the Resolution and the associated work plan,

I appreciate the delviery of reports to the council (though I prefer
to get them by means other then email - but that is beside the point)
and especially appreciate the delivery of something as relevant as
the Centr Whois report.  I think the more info we have to peruse the
better. And it is not necessary that everyone read everything, i
can't do it either, but I do believe that it is better that we all
have the opportunity to read everything we wish to read.

I certainly don't want to suggest that Marilyn's mailbox be filled
with unwanted documents (that would be to advocate spam).  But I
would like to suggest that documents continue to be made available to
those who wish to read them.  This can be done either through the use
of Shinkuro, or though a web archive.

thanks

a.