[council] RE: GNSO supportive message and flowers for services

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:11:05 UTC 2006

Dear fellow councilors

You will all recall that in our meeting on Saturday, there was mention of
Peter's long standing working relationship with the DNSO and then the GNSO
in many of the leadership activities he carried for the cc community.

As many will recall, Peter brought his children each to the ICANN meetings -
Clare to Stockholm; Phoebe to Montreal, and Henry came with Liz to Rome, and
Liz attended Wellington meetings almost in entirety. Many of us knew her
personally, as well, and of her leadership in the Internet community in New
Zealand, and in the international work of InternetNZ.

Ken suggested that we recognize Peter's loss, and I believe we all support
having the Council send a message of support and recognition, and sending a
floral remembrance. We do have funds available to the Council from the left
over budget amount that we carried over from the DNSO into the GNSO. I
suggest we add an item under other business on the Council's agenda, and
approve our Secretariat arranging to send flowers and develop a message of
regard and support to send with the flowers as Council.

Best regards,

Marilyn Cade