[council] Interpretation of whois purpose

tony.ar.holmes at bt.com tony.ar.holmes at bt.com
Tue Jun 27 15:03:54 UTC 2006

Avri

I appreciate you clearly stating what this means for you.

I'm beginning to think it would have been a great help if we'd all written down exactly what we thought the interpretations were before the vote. Maybe then we wouldn't be in this situation!

Unfortunately over the years that the task force has struggled along, positions hardened and as we've seen from recent exchanges on the mailing list even reasoned and rationale dialogue has become difficult. We should all learn from this experience and make sure we don't get in to this situation again.

Tony