[council] Term limits

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Nov 9 18:13:42 UTC 2006

philip.sheppard at aim.be wrote:
> Fellow Council Members,
> before we leap to a resolution on term limits could we possibly have some
> discussion on their MERITS?

I don't think we're "leaping" - please don't over-react. If I read
Bruce's message correctly, we need to have a motion on the table in
order to have a discussion of the issues on the agenda. Since I am
interested in having a discussion on this issue, I thought it would be
best to table a straw motion that would clear the procedural hurdle in
order to have a discussion. The enthusiasm you are seeing, I believe, is
simply indicative of support for a discussion of the issues surrounding
term limits - which in reading your messages, you would seem to support
as well.

-ross