[council] Off the call

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 20:13:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

Thanks Bruce for reading the charter for me on the call;
unfortunately my connection again dropped off for the third time, so
I'm back in my office to send this.

In general, I would agree to proceed with a limited scope of the WG
as being currently defined. I'd further suggest the council
considering instead of "identify and prioritize policy issues..."
(I'm writing from the top of my head from what I heard on the call
earlier on), the following wording "identify and specify the relevant
policy issues etc."

For the records, I'd like the council to take note that I advise it
is unfair, in terms of openness and transparency, not to give to all
constituency members the opportunity to volunteer for the WG but also
to compete as a potential chair. So I'd like to see the council vote
on the way forward for this process. If the majority agrees to carry
on with the current membership and elect the chair, I will have to
accept it, but wanted to have my reservations on the records.

For the remaining business, if there is a need for a vote, I'd like
Robin Gross to carry my vote.

Thank you, and success.

Mawaki