[council] Case for asynchronous (and nonlive) vote

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 14:36:58 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Thanks Bruce. I'd like to note that I am in support of the GNSO
Council resolutions of November 16 which I was not able to vote for
on the call and which have been posted to date on the GNSO discussion
list.

Following your response, Bruce, to the point I made previously, I'm
suspecting that problematic cases might arise if a few of those lost
votes would make a difference.

It's also worth noting that we've seen issues that had triggered much
of the discussion on the list before the teleconference call for vote
(and the discussion on the call didn't bring anything new, or
decisive.) So maybe we need to think of making allowances so that in
certain conditions the vote off call would count? I know it can be
complex, but maybe we could make sure we have considered all the
options.

Regards,

Mawaki

Sponsored Link