[council] Proposed endgame motion for Whois Task Force - with Whereas'es

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Aug 31 13:25:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I don't believe I can shorten the public review which is supposed to
be 20 days.
and I don't think it is a good idea to vote before that review is
complete.

In order to end the public comment by Oct 31, the public comment
would need to begin
by Oct 11.  Since it can take 4 days after Liz finishes writing to
get the material
on the web site for the public comment, i just don't see that it
would be possible
for her to get the work done in 3 days after the end of the time
limit for the
constituencies.    And I do want to give the constituencies enough
time to deliberate.

So, while I would really like to hold a public vote on this as you
suggest,
I just don't see how.

a.