[council] GNSO Council teleconference MP3 recording 24 May 2007

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 20:35:36 UTC 2007

Apparently, you mean 25% of the whole council, not of those
voting. Subject to confirmation, there were still more than 25%
on the call who did not vote YES (6 No and 1 Abstention.)

My point is, even if the percentage count is against the size of
the whole council, you may still have 25% or more voting for one
position, and similarly 25% or more voting in the other
direction. How does one deal with that if the only requirement
is to reach 25% for a decision to be made? Is there any
consideration about the significance of count difference? For
example if 8 voted YES and 9 voted NO: both are beyond 25% and
the difference is one vote - would NO simply be the outcome?

Thanks,
Mawaki