[council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting - Thursday 7 June 2007

Liz Williams liz.williams at icann.org
Tue May 29 08:32:18 UTC 2007

Good morning everyone

I plan to release later this week some easy to read documentation and
explanations for the Committee to consider.  There is a whole lot of
work going on that not everyone has been involved in and it would be
good to get everyone back in parallel.  I am preparing a consolidated
text which sets out the draft recommendations and which also captures
the work of the three working groups -- IDNs, PRO and RN.  This will
be in table form and will not include all the explanatory detail
which is available in the full reports.

Some of you may be aware that we are having another internal working
session on 4 & 5 June in MdR to make more progress on the
implementation planning and the Committee call is on 7 June.  Shortly
after that I will release an updated full draft of the Final Report
which will be used at the San Juan meeting to complete the next
tranche of work and I expect it would be helpful to have another
version of the ICANN Staff Implementation Guidelines available.

The Final Report for the GNSO Council to vote on as a completed piece
of work will be available after the San Juan meeting.

A reminder too that the PRO and RN WG will be presenting their final
reports on 23 June in San Juan and that we have another GNSO GAC
session on 24 June.

Kind regards and, of course, any questions or clarifications, please
ask.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor