[council] Personal concerns about GNSO reponse to ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Issues

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Nov 20 19:05:11 UTC 2007

hi,

I apologise for not having reacted  earlier.  One thing that
contributed to my delay, however, was that the implications really
became clear to me as the issue was being discussed in LA.  Before
that I had a nagging feeling of discomfort but could not quite put
words to it.  It was engaging in conversation during that meting and
listening to some of the things that were said while in the GAC
meting that brought that nagging feeling to the forefront and gave it
voice.

I think this is one of the reasons why I felt that the GNSO  council
should not be in  a hurry to finalise this before seeing what the
other involved organisations were thinking.    I thought it was
really good that we had a public draft on the table, but did not see
the need to finalise it until we had seen the full extent of the topic.

That, and sometimes I am slow and it takes me a while to really
understand what I am thinking and why, especially when I am busy
understanding and explaining council's views to the community at large.

Again, apologies for the delay.

a.